Posted on October 4, 2008 by 84rules
I saw this ad on TV and decided to go check it out. It is a website called RightChange.com. It exposes the truth behind Barack Obama’s rhetoric and shed’s light what he has really been doing during his rise to power. It also brings to light certain facts and figures that are conspicuously missing from the Democrats’ campaign ads.
For example, here is a good analysis of Barack Obama’s Tax Porposals:
|In 2009, Barack Obama and the Democratic Congress have an idea for a bill. Well, really, it’s a lot of bills that will be paid for by nearly every American in the form of higher taxes and higher costs for food, energy and other products.
So if you have a retirement account, work in or shop at a small business, are close or in retirement, or even flip on a light switch, then there are a few things that you should consider.
Under that plan:
- Small main street businesses would be forced to pay tax rates as high as 62.3% under Senator Obama’s tax proposals.1
- Senator Obama’s tax plan would tax small businesses at a higher rate than large corporations!2
- Taxes on retirement income and savings could increase by at least 33%, hitting millions of seniors when they need these resources the most.3
- 4 million workers over the age of 50 – those eagerly looking forward to retirement – would be hit with increased tax bills.4
- Millions of Americans would only keep 38 cents of every dollar that they earn.5
- Senator Obama’s tax plan would reduce the after tax wages of millions of workers by 17.7%.6
- It will take 227 days per year, nearly 8 months, just to pay your tax bill!7
- 97,065 carpenters, 110,908 police officers, 254,992 nurses, 208,562 postsecondary teachers and 237,000 dentists would see tax increases, if the earnings cap was successfully eliminated.8
- 10.3 million workers would see an average of $5,650 taken from their paycheck and given to government programs.9
- Even YOU might be considered “Rich.”
The citations for the above points can be found on-line here:
All nice and researched.
This is a very good website for information with proper references to back it up.
You can read more about the issues on-line here:
The Issues. Get The Facts.
Filed under: Politics | Tagged: Barack Obama, Campaign 2008, Issues, RightChange, Tax Policy |