John Hawkins over at TownHall has a few more reasons why you might be a liberal. A few of them are quoted below.
You might be a liberal if …
|* You blame the oil companies for high gas prices, but believe in doing everything humanly possible to keep them from drilling for more oil.
* You’d have no problem with a Democratic President talking with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jung-Il without conditions, but would be very upset if he started seriously negotiating with Republicans over national security or energy issues.
* You think Christmas songs at school plays shouldn’t be allowed because they might offend people who don’t believe, but don’t understand what the problem is supposed to be with government funded “art” that defiles Christianity.
* Your idea of “reparations for slavery” is white people who have never owned slaves giving money to black people who were never slaves, more than a hundred years after slavery ended.
* You think we should give condoms to thirteen year-olds because “they’re going to do it anyway,” but feel that we can get rid of every gun held by criminals in the U.S. simply by making them illegal.
* You think Anita Hill was telling the truth about Clarence Thomas, but Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Linda Tripp, Dolly Kyle Browning, Sally Perdue, Kathleen Willey, and Juanita Broaddrick — among many others — are all lying about the Clintons.
* You continually claim that we don’t do enough for the poor, but you want to add 12-20 million more of them to the ranks by giving illegal aliens American citizenship.
* There’s a conflict between America and any other country, over just about any topic, and you’re more likely to side with the other nation than your own.
* You believe that conservative criticism of Barack Obama’s abilities is primarily driven by racism, but actual race-based criticism leveled at Clarence Thomas, Michelle Malkin, and Condi Rice by liberals obviously has nothing to do with race.
You can read all 25 of them on-line here:
25 Reasons You Might Be A Liberal (Part 2)
August 22, 2008
Filed under: Politics |