Posted on July 7, 2010 by 84rules
Ever wonder what the Federal Government and the media were NOT telling you about illegal immigration? Well, we finally have a website that brings all the facts together in one spot for easy reference.
Herein you will learn facts that don’t make the front page of major newspapers nor the lead stories of television newscasts. Things like:
- Tuberculosis (TB) kills approximately 2 million people each year. It is estimated that between 2002 and 2020, approximately 1,000,000,000 people will be newly infected, over 150 million people will get sick, and 36 million will die. TB is a highly contagious disease. Like the common cold, it spreads through the air. When infectious people cough, sneeze, talk or spit, they propel TB germs, known as bacilli, into the air. Each person with active TB will infect on average between 10 and 15 people every year.
The United States currently has one of the lowest rates of TB in the world. Mexico has 10 times the rate of prevalence and many African countries along with Afghanistan, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Indonesia have rates that are 100 – 150 times higher. Making matters worse, a few years ago a Multi-Drug-Resistant (MDR) strain of TB has emerged that is resistant to all standard anti-TB drugs. Treating a single case of MDR TB costs over $250,000 and as much as $1,200,000 per person, and even with treatment about half of the patients with MDR-TB prematurely die.
- The MSM report ad nauseam that illegal aliens are only “doing work that Americans won’t.” This mantra is mercilessly bandied about by illegal immigration supporters and echoes throughout the halls of Congress and the White House whenever the topic comes up. What is never mentioned, however, is that the illegal aliens are artificially depressing compensation and that illegal aliens are the only ones who will do the work at such low wages. In actual fact, illegal immigration distorts the law of supply and demand in a capitalistic society. Additionally it is grossly hypocritical to want to raise the minimum wage on one hand while the other hand winks at illegal aliens working at far below prevailing wages.
- While some of the costs summarized above are subsets, e.g. cost of the murders as part of the cost of crime, as you can see the economic costs of tolerating illegal immigration is quite considerable. You are paying for it in terms of higher taxes, insurance premiums, et cetera. Some estimates place the net costs of each illegal alien in the country at $50,000 – $100,000. (FYI: 12,000,000 X $50,000 = $600,000,000,000) When the all the indirect costs are factored in, it is probably even higher. In any case, it is a cost that YOU are paying for.
You can access the website on-line here:
The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration
P.F. Wagner and Dan Amato
Filed under: Economy, Government, Immigration, Politics | Tagged: Dan Amato, illegal immigration, illegals, P.F. Wagner | 1 Comment »
Posted on July 6, 2010 by 84rules
It’s a sad day when the President of the United States sides with illegals over legitimate American citizens. This action shows where Obama’s heart really is, and it is not with the American people.
From Fox News:
|Obama and other top officials have criticized the law as misguided, while Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has slammed the administration for pursuing a lawsuit. She claims the administration has not done enough to secure the border — a charge the administration denies.
Brewer told Fox News in June that Arizona would not back down from its law.
“We’ll meet them in court … and we will win,” she said, calling the administration’s actions a “disappointment.”
The Arizona law has touched off an intense national debate over immigration. The results of any court challenge would have wide-ranging implications, as a number of other states and jurisdictions have taken up tough immigration policies similar to Arizona’s.
The Obama administration has meanwhile tried to use the law as the impetus to prod Congress into tackling an immigration bill. While Arizona lawmakers defend their law as necessary to patrol the border, Obama described it last week as “unenforceable” and a vehicle for civil rights abuse. He said a “national standard” is needed and that he won’t “kick the can down the road” any longer.
There’s only one problem with Obama’s statements on the issue: The Arizona law mirrors current Federal law.
Lack Of Leadership In The Immigration Debate
May 12, 2010
That’s right, 8 USC 1357 is the same law except that it is more permissive in it’s enforcement. The Arizona law is much more restrictive in how it can be applied.
Also remember that Eric Holder admitted that he had never read the Arizona law before offering criticism for it.
Far from being post-racial or any kind of a uniter, this latest action shows Obama in his true colors. He is a race-hustler and a class-warfare scam artist who holds non-Americans in higher regard than he holds legitimate Americans.
You can access the complete article on-line here:
Justice Department Suit Against Arizona Imminent, Official Says
Fox News with Mike Levine
July 6, 2010
Filed under: Corruption, Government, Immigration, Justice and Courts, Politics | Tagged: Arizona, Eric Holder, illegal immigration, illegals, Jan Brewer, lawsuit, Obama | Leave a Comment »
Posted on October 22, 2008 by 84rules
How would a Democrat president who has raised taxes, opened our borders, been soft on terrorism and is now presiding over an economy heading into depression, maintain power in the next election? Simple, he and his rubberstamp Democrat-controlled Congress, will grant amnesty and then citizenship to a voting bloc of 12 million illegal aliens.
Sound preposterous? Before you start saying that, consider the following:
|A Barack Obama administration would be a “nation killer” if Democrats attain a “supermajority” in the Senate, a leading conservative figure on immigration warned Tuesday.
Obama also has said he wants to make the 12 million illegal aliens in the U.S. citizens as soon as he can — an amnesty program that would make them legally entitled to full government benefits, including Social Security and health care.
William Gheen, president of the Raleigh, N.C.-based Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), says Obama’s plan would make it politically impossible to secure America’s borders. He describes Obama and a new Democratic Congress as a “worst-case scenario” for border and immigration security.
“I would paint that scenario as a nation killer,” Gheen, a former campaign consultant and an outspoken advocate for stronger border control policies, tells Newsmax. “I would expect amnesty to pass within a year. That means in the next presidential election, you will have a new voting bloc of 15 million illegal aliens who turn into voters.
And the reason we can be so confident in that statement is:
|As a state senator in Illinois, for example, Obama co-sponsored that state’s version of the DREAM Act, which allowed youngsters in the country illegally to receive in-state tuition. He later supported similar legislation in the U.S. Senate.
Obama, who tends to dismiss discussion of his pro-immigration positions as politically motivated “distractions,” has demonstrated no such reticence to expand entitlements for illegals. Specifically:
- Obama’s plan for universal health care would include coverage for illegal immigrants, according to political strategist and Newsmax columnist Dick Morris. Morris has warned that covering illegals “adds dramatically” to the cost of universal health care.
- In March, Obama voted to table a Senate amendment that would support the withdrawal of federal assistance “to sanctuary cities that ignore the immigration laws of the United States and create safe havens for illegal aliens and potential terrorists.” McCain did not cast a vote.
- Obama supported the McCain-Kennedy immigration reform legislation that was defeated in 2006. Since then, McCain has taken the position that securing the borders must precede immigration reform. Obama continues to support a process to “bring people out of the shadows” and eventually obtain legal status (at which point they would be eligible for the federally mandated benefits available to anyone, such as Social Security). Obama also calls for enhanced border security.
- The Democratic candidate for president supports, in principle, providing state-funded welfare benefits to legal immigrants. While a state senator, Obama supported allocating state funds to provide Medicaid coverage to some legal immigrants, according to OnTheIssues.org.
- Obama has supported increasing the number of work visas issued each year, such as the H1-B visa, especially for applicants with specialized skills. According to OnTheIssues.org, Obama co-sponsored, along with New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, a bill that would provide federal funding to help states provide health care and education to non-U.S. citizens.
- Obama strongly supports encouraging American children to become bilingual and, at one point in the campaign, appeared to suggest it should be mandatory. In June, he voted against a Senate provision that would declare English the national language of the United States. McCain voted for it.
If these illegals are granted amnesty and then citizenship, it would turn the United States into the economic hell-hole that is today’s Mexico.
You can access the complete article on-line here:
Obama Wants 12 Million Illegals To Get Citizenship
David A Patten
October 22, 2008
Filed under: Politics | Tagged: ALIPAC, amnesty, Barack Obama, border, democrats, DREAM Act, Gheen, illegal aliens, illegals, John McCain, McCain-Kennedy, sanctuary cities | Leave a Comment »